Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eureka! I've found it! Oh..there it goes...

I believe that one of the best feelings in the world is finding inspiration.
Being inspired and finding inspiration is probably the reason I live my life the way I do.
I like that inspiration is non-exclusive but is agreeably inclusive.
A person doesn't have to be a genius to find inspiration.
You don't necessarily have to travel the world, climb to the top of the highest mountain to see a perfect sunset to feel inspired. Everyone has the potential to find and be inspiration.
One of the greatest compliments a person can give me is to tell me that something I did, whether it be through words, art, actions....anything, inspired them.

I'm a thrill seeker.
I don't mean I like to go bungee jumping, or cliff diving or anything (though I am not averse to those activities) but I've devoted myself to seeking to the thrills in feeling.
That's sounds hokey. I don't know how else to phrase it.
I guess you could achieve that feeling of accomplishment and success from any profession or activity...but for me, I've done it all (my mother made sure of it when I was a child and had no choice) and I like to think I'm open to different experiences but I think I get the most satisfaction from the feeling of being inspired creatively.

Gah! Four years of not sleeping properly, not eating properly, ripping out my hair, burning my hands w/ a glue gun and almost slicing my fingers off w/ exacto knives (and what do I get for my troubles except crooked boards) and I actually miss it now that it's done! And it was all worth it because of those rare times I would find inspiration. I'd be working on a project (every project felt like life or death) and wracking my brains for a good idea and I'd come up with a bunch of decent ideas but none of them felt right (and you know when an idea feels right). When you find the perfect solution, it's more than relief that you're actually going to meet your deadline and not look like an idiot in front of a critical class. It's like sleeping after a grueling week-long of insomnia (and it sometimes is). It's like you've become the person you've always hoped you'd one day be.

That 'Eureka!' moment is thrilling. Euphoric.
And much more brief than I would like.
But there is always the hopeful prospect of it coming back.

F**k.
I really need it back.

No comments: