Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Escapist Act 154

I have a focus problem. Surprise! Yea, that wasn't very surprising was it.
I feel so a.d.d. most of the times. There are so many things I want to do and I never get around to it. I know it's not real but I read horoscopes. I don't rely on them or put very much store in them but sometimes they're scarily dead-on. As a Pisces, it says that I am an escapists and because of my successful escapist tendencies, I often don't reach my goals and objectives.

Maybe it's a fear of failing.
Yes, I know. How can you fail at something if you've never tried.
I think that with me, when I've left to my own devices and there are no concrete deadlines, I am an escapist and I am the most motivated when I feel like I have accomplished something and I feel pride in something I have done. Strike when the iron is hot.

No matter how many times I tell myself I have to focus on something then move on to the next thing, I seem to keep doing what I always do. I think I have a problem with authority. I also think I have too many interests and my 'to-do' list is getting hideously long.

For example, I'm trying to organize a photoshoot for sometime soon to fill my photography portfolio to go alongside my design portfolio but it's taking me much longer than it should. I've found several locations and I know a couple of make-up artists but now I need wardrobe stylists, hair stylists and models. I really wanted to work with real models because though I can give direction to get what I want, I would like to work with someone who knows what they're doing and who can move fluidly into different poses.

Anyways, you see what I'm doing?
My escapist tendencies has led me to write in this blog instead of doing all the things I should be doing.

TY

No comments: