Saturday, May 8, 2010

Frances Lee

Went to the OCAD grad show last night. I barely got around the place because I must've felt particularly social and I chatted w/ people who I ran into that I either knew from when I went to school, work or the grads who were showing their work. Blew. My. Mind. There is so much talent out there, it's inspiring. I wish I had more opportunities to go to events like this where I could mingle with other people who love doing what I do: creating!

It's funny. When I went to school, I studied graphic design but last night I couldn't tear myself away from the amazing illustration work!!! Particularly the work by Frances Lee, a comic artist and freelance illustrator. I wanted to steal some of the pieces right off of her wall! I look forward to seeing more of her work in the future.










My fav piece is probably the fish one. The pisces in me wants it in my room :D
She had some lovely traditional art on her website too but the ones of the little girls scared me a bit. lol

No comments: